The Larimer County Sheriff’s Auxiliary Unit recruits volunteers from our community to bring together law enforcement and our citizens in the interest of safety and security in our homes, schools, offices and neighborhoods.
Our volunteers are trained in various areas of community policing and crime prevention programs. The SAU fosters an environment that values integrity, respect, high standards of ethics and teamwork.
LC SAU volunteers are trained to educate and create awareness in Larimer County to reduce crime and ensure safety in our communities through partnership with the community and law enforcement.
Volunteers work in three key areas: crime prevention, community safety and LCSO administration.
Community services provided by the SAU include but not limited to:
- Provide training to neighbors on starting a Neighborhood Watch program
- Support your neighborhood social event for National Night Out held annually in August
- Attend your school or safety event to promote child safety and crime prevention education
- Organize a Christmas event for less privileged kids in Larimer County
- Assist in the Larimer County Sheriff's Citizens Academy
If you would like us to attend your event, please contact us at 970-498-5159. For more details on these offerings, go to:
If you are interested in joining the Larimer County Sheriff’s Auxiliary Unit please visit our How do I Volunteer page.