National Night Out
It's America's Night Out Against Crime!
2013 marks the 30th Annual National Night Out (NNO), which is a unique crime/drug prevention event sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch (NATW) and is scheduled for August 6th, 2013!
Each year's National Night Out campaign involves citizens, law enforcement agencies, civic groups, businesses, neighborhood organizations and local officials from over 15,000 communities from all 50 states in addition to U.S. territories, Canadian cities and military bases worldwide. This equates to 37 million neighbors all taking part in this stand against crime.
National Night Out is designed to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anticrime programs
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships
- Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back!
Your neighborhood can celebrate with any of these events:
- Block parties
- Visits from local police and sheriff's departments
- Flashlight walks
- Youth programs
These events have proven to be an effective, inexpensive and enjoyable program to promote neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships in our fight for a safer nation. Plus, the benefits your community will derive from National Night Out will most certainly extend well beyond the one night.
If you would like to participate in this year's National Night Out, please contact the Crime Prevention Team at 970-498-5159 or 970-682-0597 to get registered
Click here to read How to Plan a National Night Out in your Neighborhood