Larimer Emergency Telephone Authority (LETA) has implemented an enhanced emergency notification system. If you do not have a landline telephone their system will allow you to register your cell phone.
Please visit their site at http://www.leta911.org/ or use the button below to sign up for cell/home phone emergency notifications.
1) If you have a traditional land line phone (a hard wire phone from CenturyLink) your phone number is already in the system.
2) If you have a Voice over internet phone (Verizon, Comcast, Vonage, Sky Beam) your phone number is not in the system and needs to be added through our citizen opt in program.
3) If you have a cell phone, your phone number is not in the system and needs to be added through our citizen opt in program.
When you create an account;
1) I recommend simple user names that you can remember. (email address, first initial and last name)
2) Passwords are hanging folks up. I use a default password when I am helping citizens register of Larimer123 or Emergency123 a combination like that would work for you.
3) When you enter your address, use the tool to plot the address on the map. If your address doesn’t verify and you get an error screen of “we can’t find your location” ,read that screen closely and check your entry. Did you input the correct zip code? Did you abbreviate Mount with MT or did you spell out Drive vs. using Dr.
4) When you enter in your devices that you want to be contacted on, make sure you enter a contact priority for Every device.
5) If we call you and you confirm you received the message, the system is going to stop trying to call your contact devices and move those calling resources over to another citizen that has not been called. If you have multiple family members on your account, and you confirm receipt of the message, please make sure you are calling them and updating them with the appropriate information.
6) It is important to think about all devices that you can enter into the system. At times when our infrastructure is challenged; we might lose telephone lines, our cell tower reception might be impacted, etc. If you enter a home phone, a cell phone, a text device, we can try and reach you on all of those devices. If one path is blocked, another one might go through.